- Engino brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- Discover all types of forces applied in Buildings and Bridges and how they are designed to provide massive weight support
- Build 9 working models such as a Suspension Bridge, Truss Bridge Lower Truss Bridge, House and more
- Manual includes 12 pages of theory and facts, a 3 page quiz, 6 pages of experimental activities illustrating bridge and building assemblies, 16 pages of step by step, 3D rendered illustrations
- Models illustrated online at Engino's website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS. MADE IN CYPRUS
Publisher: Elenco Electronics Inc
Warranty: Warranted again manufacturing defects.
Details: With Engino STRUCTURES: Buildings and Bridges set learn all about buildings and how they literally support our lives! Construct different types of bridges and find out how their architecture design provides massive weight support. Discover all the types of forces applied and how engineers manage to reduce their effects. Build 9 working models such as a house, a pyramid and various types of bridges: beam, arch, truss, cable-stayed and suspension bridge. You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the booklet included. The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. A Quiz section is also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge! Conduct thorough experiments and discover - How triangulation provides strength on a building - What are the main types of forces acting on structures - How do trusses work - What are the major types of cable bridges. The Engino Building System was invented by Costas Sisamos, a former teacher and engineer for the purpose of helping students build technological models creatively and easily to experiment and learn about science and technology in a way that includes all the benefits of play. Research grants from local and E.U. sources helped transition the three year research project into an innovative product. Since then Engino has developed more snap-fit components such as gears, pulleys, motots, and solar panels. The major advantage of the Engino system is that it's design flexibility enables children to build simple or complex models quickly using a small number of components.