- Engino brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- Learn about transmitting power using Cams and Cranks and converting reciprocal linear motion
- Build 8 working models such as a Sewing Machine, Flapping Eagle, Stationary Crane, and more
- Manual includes 10 pages of theory and facts, a 2 page quiz, 3 pages of experimental activities illustrating uses of Cams and Cranks, 15 pages of step by step, 3D rendered illustrations
- Models illustrated online at Engino's website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS. MADE IN CYPRUS
Publisher: Elenco Electronics Inc
Warranty: Warranted again manufacturing defects.
Details: With Engino' s MECHANICS Cams & Cranks set learn how you can transmit power using Cams and Cranks and how they can be used to convert reciprocal to linear motion. Discover how these mechanisms are crucial elements of many machines even though they are not considered as "Simple Machines".
Build 8 working models such as a fishing crane, an oil pump, a moving figure, a moving bridge, a sewing machine and a flying eagle. You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the booklet included. The booklet provides detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporates innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning. A Quiz section is also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge! Conduct thorough experiments and discover - How the handle's position affects force and speed - How the crank's position affects force and speed - How to switch between different types of motion by using cams.
The Engino Building System was invented by Costas Sisamos, a former teacher and engineer for the purpose of helping students build technological models creatively and easily to experiment and learn about science and technology in a way that includes all the benefits of play. Research grants from local and E.U. sources helped transition the three year research project into an innovative product. Since then Engino has developed more snap-fit components such as gears, pulleys, motors, and solar panels. The major advantage of the Engino system is that its design flexibility enables children to build simple or complex models quickly using a small number of components!