Brand: littleBits Electronics
- Designed in collaboration with NASA scientists & engineers
- Includes 12 modules, 5 NASA lesson plans and 10 STEAM activities
- Learn scientific principles like Electromagnetic, Kinetic, & Potential Energy
- Make a Mars Rover or an ISS; transmit music wirelessly and more!
- Connect with the littleBits library to infinitely expand your discoveries
Warranty: No Warranty
Details: Space Little Bits
Explore the solar system with littleBits and the Space Kit. A collaboration between littleBits and NASA, the Space Kit is an easy-to-use and infinitely customizable Kit designed for doing space-themed science investigations from your very own home! The Kit is perfect for teachers, students, parents, or space enthusiasts of any age, and contains everything you need to investigate space travel. Included are 12 different Bits that snap together with magnets to create space projects, two 9V alkaline batteries and cables, a small screwdriver to modify a micro adjuster, and a full-color instruction booklet with 10 fun inventions to create. With this Kit, you will be able to easily make a multitude of inventions including a Mars rover, satellite dish, star chart and energy meter for measuring the atmosphere. And all of it has been designed by NASA scientists and engineers to help make space science more accessible, exciting, and participatory.
- Designed in collaboration with NASA scientists and engineers
- Includes 12 Bits, 5 NASA lesson plans and 10 STEAM activities
- A fun way to learn about scientific principles like electromagnetics, and kinetic & potential energy
- Make a Mars Rover or an International Space Station; transmit music wirelessly and more!
- Connect with the littleBits collection to infinitely expand your discoveries
Project: Energy Meter
Project: Satelitte Dish
Describe your product in 3 words.
Simple. Playful. Powerful.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
I am inspired by the other building blocks of our time: the concrete block, the LEGO brick, the transistor. My main motivation in creating littleBits was to equip people with the skills and interests needed to thrive in today’s tech-filled world. At littleBits, we see technology as a language, and believe that nowadays, those who don’t speak it can be paralyzed. Everyone should be able to build, invent, and prototype with electronics independent of age, gender and technical background, and littleBits allows just that.
What makes your product special?
littleBits is more than a product, it is a platform for large and small inventions. We spend more than eleven hours a day with technology, but most people don’t know how it works, and spend the majority of their time consuming media. We believe people are born creative, and our electronic building blocks help to unleash the inventor within by engaging them in an incredibly powerful, exhilarating and most importantly, fun process of invention, rather than prescribing one-off experiences.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Sampling, testing, redesigning, resampling and retesting our magnetic connectors was nothing short of exhausting. We worked with world class designers and manufacturers to perfect the magical and gratifying "click" of the Bits connecting, to make creating inventions with littleBits extremely intuitive and fun.